Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Today in Joe's Life

Let's see, not really 100% today, a little of yesterday, but mainly today. I was walking to Expo Max Pavilion from the bus stop, and usually I will cut through the grass patch to get there. And I saw, for the first time in my life, yellow Mimosa flowers. I have never seen this in my life, for as long as I can remember. So what do I do, haha, shoot it.

Confirm it's a mimosa plant, because I touched it's leaves, and they close just like the mimosa plant. And it's beside the normal purple mimosa flower anyway.

So on my last few days of work now. I'm 2 days shy to clearing my leave and ending my NS term. So today on my way to work, I took some pictures of the mushrooms growing beside the road. Interesting little fellas.

I thought this was a weirdly colored flower. Whoever has seen a green flower?

More fun at work.
This is Frozzy, our new pet at work. He's created from part of my friend's belt. He likes to hide under dark areas of our office, and sneaks up to anyone who isn't paying attention and smacks him in the head.

Bought a miniature packet of Jack and Jill Roller Coaster and soon discovered it was a waste of my 60 cents.

This is how much they actually have inside. I haven't started eating it yet. They gave a miserable amount of stuff inside man. How disappointing can it get.

A weird poem behind the packet.

Anyway, after work, I met Jolene for dinner. We actually wanted to go to Sim Lim Square Foodcourt for "Minicows", a name she came up with for the Fried Beef with Rice/Noodles. But to our dismay, the minicows ran away. The shop was closed for the day. Thus we had western food there instead.

I had Chicken Cutlet Rice. Not bad, I rather enjoyed it.

Chicken Chop for Jolene. She took the Garlic Toast before I took this shot. And she refused to let me post the photo of her eating that here.

And so we were watching the 9pm show, Honour And Passion, on Channel 8, which was playing on the TV they had at the food court. They had super duper corny and lame lines on the script. Couldn't stand it how they tried to put the threat of terrorist in tv drama series. Horrible ending, but since Felicia Chin and Rui En was acting in it, so I didn't mind watching.

After that, while on our way out, we started to take photos of the new campus beside Sim Lim. I have no idea what school is this, think it's either NAFA or Lasalle. But it's very beautiful.
Simply mesmerizing.

Wonder how much they spent on building this. But I would say it's worth it, even though it's a little waste of space.

And then at the bus stop, I finally managed to take a some shots of the trailing red lights.
This picture reminds me of a song...
"The road is long...."

0 comments: