Monday, August 11, 2008

Farewell, Proposal, Reservist and Leader's Retreat

So much has happened through the weeks and I am so busy nowadays that I'll only cover the major events that happened during this period of time.

Firstly, we sent off Roger and Pamela to Australia.
And Colin proposed to Aileen on the very day too.

See how happy Aileen and Colin are?
Light refreshments after that.
We could draw on the table, so I drew. This is my dream, to one day walk down the beach with that special someone, enjoying the slow walk, the empty beach, the slow pace.
Pastor William and Chi Wern playing games on the table.
Other food that Colin ordered for us.
And so Saturday came, and it was Ps Benny Ho's seminar on "Why in the world do we work?" at TCT Auditorium. On my way to Bukit Merah, I took this picture of the tower, half painted with fresh paint.
Looking at this picture, I can't stop but think that Jackie Chan will come jumping down floor by floor.
And this is Jai, my colleague at work. We had a little photo moment after work, haha...
'Peeing' on his own car.
And they caught this colourful bird the other day, didn't have time to shoot it, turned out not focused properly, but oh well...
And the NDP Rehearsals, fly-bys by the Black Knights just above my house.
Inverted 5
This year they did the heart shape.
Flying by again. Into the clouds.
And then Reservist came. My first cycle. In Camp Training. Not much photos, as can't take inside anyway.

My Troop after we dug a Foxhole. Some of us are in it.
Troopers... Brothers...
And then came the celebrations and gatherings.

On Friday, the 1st of Aug 2008, I finally met up with my poly classmates, most whom i haven't seen since graduation. Not many turned up, but good anyways.

Charlene, me, Eugene, Bryan, Shi Jin at the back row.
Celia, Maria, Keli and Ian in front.
After dinner at Cafe Iguana, we went over to Lunar Club, this "cheena" place that has a live band for some drinks.
By the end of the day, I was rather tipsy but not drunk. Thank God for Celia's friend who offered to drive her back, and I hitched a ride back together. If not I would have probably ended up sleeping by the river, hahaha....

And on the very next day, Saturday, 2nd August 2008, I met up with my NCC gang for our annual birthday gathering. We watched the NDP preview fireworks then had dinner at Marina Square Spageddies. Following that was some desserts at TCC at Millenia Walk, then we walked over to Brewerkz at Clarke (Again...) for some drinks.

Me, Jolene, Gary, Kashing, Rong Chang, Si Ying and Satish.
And on Sunday, 3rd August 2008, it's another celebration at church.
And then Monday came. My actual birthday, 4th August. Spent the whole morning at reservist, doing planning. Then we went out for lunch and somehow I ended up at Thomson Medical Centre in the afternoon. The very place I was born 23 years ago on this very day. Hahaha...

After the whole day of planning, everyone had something on, so I was heading home already.
When suddenly, I bumped into Celia on the bus back, how coincidental, haha...
So we went to watch the Dark Knight at Bishan J8 to celebrate my birthday.
And when I reached home, my two beloved sisters and my mum prepared another cake for me.
My sister's creation, Mango and Durian cake.
Happy birthday to me... Dad's overseas, so not in picture, but nevermind, hehe....
And so my birthday marks the end of my reservist. 1st cycle down.
And it's back to work, for another 2 weeks before i take a 1 week break and start my studies at UNLV.

But before all that, during the National Day weekend, we had Leader's Retreat at Vision Farm located at Jalan Lekar. Near the Home Team Academy in Choa Chu Kang.
The road is long....
Pastor William sharing with us his message.
I will be Still, Lord. I will be Still.
And then we went over to ECP for a bbq on sunday after service.

Chi Wern and Chin Ling
Alvin and Vivien
Dennis, Dellia and Emmanuel
Happy crowdWe can't go without games. Captain's ball seems to be a favourite in this Leader's Retreat.
Waiting for the ball to come over
Now it's on the other side
And some kids on the Kangaroo Shoes by the beach.
And BBQ Food....
Sarah, Josiah, Jefferson and Chi Wern cooking.
And this is the flower that I've so long wanted to take at Expo. Most of the time I'll rush past it, but this Sunday I managed to stop and take photos of it. Hahaha....
Ok, enough of blogging already. Time to sleep, haha...
4 more days of work to go, before I get my 1 week break. Already in the ORD mood, haha...

0 comments: