Friday, August 22, 2008

Silly designs, week of break and amazing discoveries

I always wonder, who's the smart ass who designed this bus seat, with minimal sitting space. All you can do in this uncomfortable seat is to sit totally upright, with your knees wedged onto the back of the front seat, and pray that your legs don't go numb before you get off the bus.
Anyway, during this week of break for me before I start school next week, I was following Pastor William around. So the other day, we went were playing this interesting game called Chicken Cha Cha Cha. A memory game, very interesting. Finally used those brain cells that I had stored away for so long.
Then on Wednesday, for some reason, I went back home frustrated and disappointed. So much so that it affected me quite badly. Was really feeling very down. Even though I was partially to blame for the whole thing, it still affected me alot.

But however that didn't last for too long. Thankfully when I went home and switched on the computer, something surprising happened. A special someone helped lifted up my spirits. Somehow chatting with this special person made me feel so much better, so relaxed, and so at peace.
(If you're reading this, just wanna say thanks, your simple words and listening ear helped me alot. It meant alot to me.)

And so Thursday, I brought my mum, grandma and both sisters to eat Dim Sum Buffet at Excelsior Hotel. Have been wanting to bring them there for such a long time.
Mmmm... Yummy...
My sisters were hooked onto the 'Xiao Long Bao'.
And today I went for my orientation at UNLV. After a whole day of talks, ice breakers and UNLV Race which we ran around town area doing silly things, I would say I've really enjoyed myself. The feeling of going back to school is rather interesting. It's some sort of putting aside the world around me for a while, and pursuing my studies.

My Orientation Group.
Team Name: KIS (Korean, Indonesian, Singaporean)

0 comments: