Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sunrise at Bishan

I always love to capture skies, especially sunrises and sunsets. Something magical when the Lord turns day to night and night to day every 12 hours.

"And God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth.' And it was so. God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good." - Genesis 1:14-18

I told myself that I want to take the sunrise photos at Bishan this morning, and so I had to wake up early to get there before the sun rises. Since I was working this morning, I thought that today would be a good opportunity to go. But this morning I seem to have overslept a little, so I thought I was going to miss the sunrise. But thanks be to the Lord, I managed to get onto the earlier bus and get to Bishan earlier, just before the sun started to rise. Hallelujah... Here are the photos of the beautiful sunrise I witnessed this morning at Bishan, in running order.










While I was taking all these shots, my Fujifilm F31fd battery finally finished. That's why I couldn't take any more shots. It had lasted me 495 shots in 1 charge, 24 days without charging. I love their longlife batteries, haha... I kept turning around because there's a very beautifully lit cloud behind me and the sky was very blue. And there was this beam of cloud which was nicely lit red for a moment. Really love multicolored skies.

So, how has your day been? Has it begun with you standing in awe at God's wonderful creations? Let the sunrise remind you of His goodness in your life.

0 comments: