Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Taka Basement Fish and Chips, Orchard Christmas lights and Mee Pok Breakfast

And so yesterday after work, I was all ready to go home and have a good rest. But then, Jolene had to drag me out to go out for dinner. I literally mean drag.

At first she wanted to go to Art Friend to get something, which was at Bras Basah. So I didn't want to go, so she dropped the topic. Then after a while, she wanted to go to Sim Lim Square for "minicows" (Refer to previous blog entry). So I was hungry, so i decided to meet her for dinner.

Then the next thing I know, is that we'll be going to Art Friend since it was near Sim Lim Square. And guess what, we both finish work at 7pm, and Art Friend closes at 7pm, so we changed our meeting place to Taka instead.

And I was supposed to go home and rest, ended up squeezing on a super crowded train down to Orchard. I was so squeezed up, that I was breathing down the neck guy who was in front of me. Terrible experience. I have a comfort bubble around me, if it's compromised, I will feel very awkward. And I felt like pushing them out of the train, oh man... Thank you Lord for blessing me with your Peace...

Anyway, we finally had dinner at Taka Basement. The Fish and Chips was very, extremely GOOD. And I mean it. We ordered Beer Battered Fish and Chips, Calamari with fries and Cheese sticks which came with fries. I was too tired to take photos at first, then until I ate the food, I just knew I had to blog this.

It's all the way inside the basement foodcourt.
As you can see, I only pulled out my camera after tasting the food, which is super good. The beer battered fish is really good. When I cut open the fish, I could smell the beer. And when you bite the fish, you can taste the beer in the fish meat, which compliments it very nicely.
Cheese Sticks and Fries, with Calamari and fries in the background
See the cheese oozing out? It's heavenly.
Calamari with Fries. Looks like onion rings right?
Takashimaya's famous big christmas tree.
There was this sweet old couple who were taking photos.
Someone kept squealing beside me saying, "So Sweet!!!".
I'm naming this photo "Adventures of Scary Auntie and Happy Uncle". And we kinda tailed them down Orchard Road til Heerens.
Orchard lights from Taka.
Then I was chased by the "security guard".
Notice the hand by the side of the shot trying to grab the camera.
(It belongs to the squealing elephant.)
I had to use my mini tripod and squat next to the road to take the following photos. Quite pleased with them anyway, though can be done much better.
Whizzz.. goes the bus.

Wish... went the car.
Then this morning on my way to work, I got breakfast at the Sims Drive Coffeeshop Fishball noodle stall. It's my favourite breakfast stall around this area before work. And I've become one of their regular customers already. No need to order they also know what I want already. This couple works the day shift, while another takes over in the afternoon. But the morning shift one tastes much better even though they use the same ingredients and cooking utensils. Indeed their experience counts. And also they gave me this huge piece of pork lard before, haha...

Anyway, I was seeking the Lord for direction in my life before the Batam retreat. And from what I am hearing now, it's a go ahead from God. So I'm leaving it all in His hands. This is the verse I got from God:
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." - Proverbs 16:9

Lord, I surrender it all to you. You are my Master, my Potter, my King. And I will follow you for the rest of my days.

0 comments: